Bob Ross Birthday

Being stuck at home with the flu doesn't stop birthdays from coming. And what do 13-year-old girls dream of for their birthday? Why, Bob Ross, of course. I'm not quite sure what the allure is for the old show to this new generation, but they love Bob. She took pity on her sick mom and only wanted one friend to come watch the show and paint with her. Here's how we partied like a Ross.

I ventured out to Hobby Lobby for art supplies and even found paintbrush napkins.

I dug around in the boys' old box of Playmobil and found some "happy little trees" to use for a centerpiece. Look in the tree, it's Pea Pod, Bob's pet squirrel.

Gotta love Pinterest, I found someone who'd created a Bob Ross bingo game.

Meredith came up with the idea of Pin the Afro on Bob Ross. I copied a couple of pictures...instant fun.

The cupcake wrappers and the tablecloth had to be baby blue to match his shirt.

What to do for Bob Ross cupcakes? Vanilla cake with chocolate hair and beard.

The girls are prepping their canvases with Liquid White.

They watched an episode and painted along. Here's Meredith's finished painting.

And here's Shiloh's. I thought they did an excellent job.

Comments