Saturday

Saturday is always a very busy day with loads of outdoor projects to do, but I did take a moment as I went about my work to snap a few pictures to share.

'New Dawn' climbing rose

Lettuce mix was waiting to be picked for supper's salad

A new addition to this year's garden...pinto beans. Homemade refried beans are in our future.

Another new variety, red iceberg lettuce.

The peaches are coming along nicely.

The dill looks like tiny yellow fireworks.

It's been so nice having fresh strawberries every day!

I added a few new plants to my shady front bed. This is a calathea.

I love this columbine, 'Songbird Cardinal'.

Saxifrage, 'Highland Red'. It's a rescue plant from the Lowe's discount bin.

Cyclamen, polka dot plant, English daisies and Creeping Jenny in my container by the front door.

Another container. I like the striped petunias.

These are small but adorable.

Another picture of my climbing rose.

And here's my yellow rose.

The blackberries are beginning to blossom. We have planted ones here and wild ones along the fence line.

Even mowing is a pleasure on such a beautiful day. 




Comments