Flowers

It's HOT and everything in the garden is dying.  It looks so bare.  I am weeding rows and cutting back the plants that have gotten out of control.  I was able this morning to dig a few sweet potatoes, harvest some sunflower seeds, pick a little Indian corn, peppers and field peas.  I'm very thankful that my freezers are full and there are lots of canning jars full on the shelves of the pantry.  One thing I've enjoyed this year is planting some flowers in the garden.  I usually have marigolds to help control insects, but this year I've added some others simply for their beauty.  It's been nice to go outside and pick fresh bouquets for the house.  Next year I'll be sure to add more to my garden.  Take a look at a few I've picked. 





This last bouquet is Meredith's.  I give her my clipping scissors and she picks and creates her own arrangements. 

Comments