October Chores






I've just come in from giving the basil a hair cut.  Now it's in the dehydrator to dry.  We'll be ready for spaghetti sauce this winter. 





Went to collect eggs.  Peeps has turned into Mrs. Broody again.  She's determined to have some new chicks.  I wasn't really planning on having any babies right now, but she has other plans.

Speaking of babies, we have three new kittens--Alpine, Shelby (a girl who looks like she has a handle bar mustache) and Ralph.

There are still a few flowers blooming but it's time for the roses to have a pruning too.  We went to the Sunbelt Ag Expo last week and heard Lisa from the Gardener's Workshop speak on flower farming.  So, of course, I got all excited, came home, and started some flower seeds.  You can check out her operation at www.thegardenersworkshop.com






The cotton has been harvested and baled for another year.  Now it's time to decide what to do with that land, create forest or hay field?

I need to get back outside, there are still a few seeds (vegetable, not flower) I need to get in the ground.  And I need to wrestle a horde of angry squirrels for the pecans that are finally falling. 

I hope your chores are just as pleasant on this beautiful October day.


Comments