Thankfulness

We try to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness.  I've always raised my children on Southern necessities--yes ma'am/yes sir, no ma'am/no sir, thank you and please.  When we pray we stress thankfulness.  As I work in the garden and go through my day I stop and say "Thank you, Lord for..."

So as I was walking back from the barn I decided to let you in on a few of my thank yous from this morning.


For rain!  You never appreciate so much as when you have a garden, especially when you haven't had some for a while.  One of the biggest perks of the Garden of Eden?  Not having to drag the water hose.

For beauty in the everyday.

Okra flower
Broccoli flowers
Bees seem to love when broccoli flowers.  I intentionally let a couple go to seed so they could have the pollen and then I could later save the seeds for next year's broccoli plants.  Although yesterday the bees seemed to think the squash flowers were especially yummy.

For garden helpers

Peeps

And finally, I'm thankful for this sweet, hard working mama.  She's tried to be broody before, but didn't have a rooster.  Now we have Peter, a Buff Orpington like her, and she's setting again.  If all goes well, she'll have some chicks of her own the first week in June.

Comments