Christmas Time

Ready or not, Christmas time has come to the farm.  I've been busy gathering and shelling pecans.  And I've done it all by hand.  As the song goes, "I'm a nut, I'm a nut, I'm crazy!"  This being the first year, and not sure of their outcome, I didn't want to waste time taking them to be shelled.  Maybe next year.  Although, it did give my hands something to do when I sat down at night to rest.  I'm already starting to miss it.  I did mention the crazy part. 

We've also been tearing out some old grapevine that was taking over the world.  The county extension agent came out and gave us his opinion on things and thought they were too far gone.  I've given them a severe haircut.  IF they come back we'll train them up properly, but for now I'm enjoying the absence of grapevine jungle. 

For today I'll share some pictures from our Christmas decorations around the house, as requested.  We are looking forward to our first Christmas here.  Maybe Santa will slip a pig or a cow under the tree for me!

Some mistletoe Jack got down for me from one of the trees.

Even Leroy gets dressed up for the occasion
The secret to that Christmas smell when you have a fake tree?  Balsam candle
Needed a new wreath but couldn't find one I loved.  I went with a swag.  Like it just as much, fills the door more and they're way cheaper!
It's so hot here right now, the coleus provide the red and green on the porch.
Frosty likes farm life too
Meredith's tree
And finally, this beautiful apron that my friend Pam made me!

Merry Christmas to you all.  Thank you for all the encouragement and support.  We feel blessed beyond measure and look forward to a great year to come.

Comments

  1. Just saw your post. Great decorations. Love the snowman on the tractor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment