Why Not?

Meredith is a mini motivational guru.  She loves notebooks and posters with happy sayings. 
She often has on a t-shirt that says something uplifting, like "I Decided to Be Awesome Today". 
(I'm kind of partial to the "My Mom Rocks" t-shirt.)  And she LOVES to be crafty.  No telling where you'll find glitter or beads.

So I shouldn't have been surprised when she showed me this little creation.






It's her "Thought for the Day" Jar.  She wrote all kinds of things on little pieces of index cards and folded them up.  Each day she pulls one out--be kind, smile more, etc.  Sometimes she asks if I'd like a thought for the day.  And then one day I open it and find this--





And it honestly took me back a little because, for me, it's a pretty profound thought.  I am a professional at talking myself out of everything.  No need to try it, I'd just fail.  They don't really want me to be a part.  I'm not good enough.  Don't know enough.  The list goes on.

But this tiny note is a reminder to try.  Why not give it a go?  Why not believe it is possible?  Why not risk failing?  Why Not!

It's a big leap of faith but it's one worth taking.  Whatever you feel called to do, don't bog yourself down in the why's of failure. 

Step off into the glorious adventure of WHY NOT?

Comments

  1. Love this. Love that girl. ❤
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not "why not"? Can't think of one reason not to make an attempt. Meredith has the right idea. She is smart and beautiful. LGuy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment