Today's Pickings

We haven't actually planted a garden yet, although I desperately need to.  But Mer and I did go around this afternoon to see what we could find.

It's on the counter next to my Kitchen Aid mixer to give you an idea of how big and how many of these acorns there are.  They are from a couple of our Sawtooth Oaks.  It's a deer candy jar!  Or maybe I'll tie on a raffia or burlap bow and be ready for fall decorating.

I think this is about the last of our grapes for the year.  Hopefully next year, after some serious pruning, we'll have grapes available for picking.  On the positive side, the birds certainly have enjoyed the treetop grapes.  

And here's something Ry found this afternoon.  Not quite sure what it is.  The fruit is not ripe and it grows on a vine.  Anyone know?

Comments

  1. Be careful with the acorns...I brought some inside once and after a few days worms started crawling out of them! �� (Deb)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick, glad they're in the jar :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment